Carter is a multi award-winning digital agency designing beautiful user experiences to enhance digital products and service offerings. We use visual design cues to tell stories. Our approach derives an understanding of a business, its identity, and creative strategy.
We pride ourselves on being a professional, highly skilled team working hard in our bare brick space in Fitzroy, Melbourne.
You are committed to your work, and want to continue to develop your digital craft with other talented creatives and developers in an exciting and forward thinking studio. You have years of experience and want to help others around you grow.
- Deep understanding of PHP OOP
- Solid experience with Laravel or a similar MVC Framework (Symfony, Yii)
- Bonus points if you have Front End skills: CSS and JS (mainly React and JQuery).
- Experience with SASS/LESS, as well as build tools such as Composer/NPM/Gulp/Grunt gets you extra credit
- Database: MySQL
- AWS: Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS, RDS
- Automated testing experience; TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Version control: Git
- Knowledge about scalable web applications is a plus
- Knowledge of creating APIs and a savviness with web application security
- A creative touch and good imagination goes a long way
- The ability to understand a client’s problem and develop a solution
- Create detailed technical documentation
- Liaise with clients at all stages of projects, including requirements gathering, consulting, project updates
- A great communicator; both in person and in writing - you know the value of good documentation, GIT commit messages, and JIRA ticket descriptions.
- Able to lead by example
- Almost pedantic attention to detail and high level organisational skills
- Self-motivation to improve on existing code and processes
- A broader knowledge and an insatiable thirst and curiosity for digital technologies
- Decision making skills... You know how to make the difficult calls and you know how to run things past yours peers to get the best possible outcomes.
- Problem solving skills; There are no problems, only different solutions
Carter employees enjoy;
- Exposure to some of the best clients on the planet
- Working with and learning from ultra talented indiviudals
- 10 days working from home (or the beach) each year
- Your birthday off
- Lunch on us
- Flexible working hours