Snr Product Designer
It’s a your chance to make a difference.
Carter is a experience design agency creating solutions for our extraordinary environmental, social and culturally conscious friends.
At Carter we are known for having some of the most talented, creative thinkers in the industry - Our team are passionate about understanding client’s users, problems, executing innovative designs and thoughtful solutions, and right now we need a like minded person with Product Design skills to join our Melbourne team.
A Product Designer has many names; Information Architect (IA), Experience Architect (XA), Experience Designer and many more. To us however, a Product Designer, at its core, is a problem solver.
You, the designer
- Passionate about doing good in the world,
- Problem solver, a creative thinker, you add value, and consider a user first and design later,
- Collaborative, positive and proactive,
- Great communicator - written, verbal and visual,
- Push yourself and your team to create great work,
- Have at least 4 years industry experience,
- Know your way around the usual product tools,
(Confluence, Jira, Treejack, Hotjar, Analytics, Adobe XD/Axure, G Suite).
- Executing product design artifacts to create user, product requirements,
- Conducting qualitative research and user testing including script creation, interview/testing facilitation, affinity mapping, and synthesizing insights, communicating findings,
- Creating personas, customer journey maps, and business needs,
- Developing information architecture including user flows, sitemaps and initial scamps (sketched wireframes),
- Creation and research and IA to find creative ways to solve UX problems,
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of project solutions,
- Develops acceptance criteria and validates results throughout project life cycle.
- Exposure to some of the best clients and projects - The Australian Ballet, Indigenous Business Australia, LaunchVic, The Heart Foundation, Black Dog Institute and Adobe
- Teaming with, and learning from ultra talented individuals
- 10 days working from home (or the beach) each year
- Flexible working hours for a healthy work/life balance
- Your birthday off
- Lunch on us
- We're a close-knit group, we thrive problem solving daily.
People first, design later.